Tuesday 11 March 2014

Leia the bride

Hi hi!

A few weeks ago, I did hair and makeup for a lovely bride - Leia, who hired me for the day to be her personal makeup artist and hair stylist.  During the entire day I took some snaps on my lovely old Nikon D60 which is what I use to shoot all of my random shoots (because I can't afford to upgrade) with a 35mm 1.8f nikkor lens (borrowed from my awesome photographer friend Willis).

The day started at 5am at Leia and Jason's house where I started makeup on Leia's 4 bridesmaids.  Turns out, all of the bridal party plus bride and groom were all pharmacist! And let me tell you- when all pharmacist get together- we talk about pharmacy, and make lame pharmacy jokes hehe, so it was pretty easy to get to know all of the girls.
At 9am the groom and his men came to the house for the very fun and funny 'door games' in which the groom and his men have to persuade and bribe the bridesmaids to let them in so that the groom can collect his bride.  I didn't get to have a good look as I was still doing makeup on Leia's mum, but as they managed to get past the first few barriers (leg waxing, putting makeup on eachother, dancing, and after many red packets) they finally retrieve Leia who is waiting in her room.  These games are hilarious and so much fun!

We then head over to Jason's parent's house to start the traditional tea ceremony and it was so emotional and just beautiful.  After this, I then changed Leia's hair and makeup and she changed into her white gown.  After lunch we headed over to the Stamford hotel where the civil ceremony was held and afterward, the wedding photographer lead the bridal party over to the botanic gardens (walking distance from Stamford) for the garden photos.  After a short break, and a final change in hair and dress- I finished my duties for the day and have these lovely photos to remind me of the day :)

Hair and makeup on Leia, mother of the bride and mother of the groom by me Sarah Thong
Makeup on bridesmaid only, by me Sarah Thong
Photos by me Sarah Thong































No comments:

Post a Comment